- Bring to a boil Two chicken breast with bone on in a 8 quart pot filled 3/4 from the top with water.
- Add salt and pepper 4-6 Bay leaves 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Bring chicken to a boil, skim off fat. Let simmer on medium for about 30 minutes.
- Add 4 stalks of celery chopped 1/2 inch
- 8 carrots chopped into 2”
- 1/2 large yellow onion
- 1 tbsp of Chicken bouillon ( I used Knorr brand)Let simmer all together until carrots are somewhat tender yet firm.
- About 20-30 more minutes. (Not mushy) Pull out chicken breasts and remove from bone, shred chicken with a fork.
- Add 2-3 cups of Summer Squash, use whatever kind you like. The more colorful the better.
- Cook squash for about 5 more minutes being careful not to over cook.
- I add more spices at the end if I think it needs more flavor. I also add 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes towards the end.
- I eyeball my spices. I usually never get the measuring teaspoons out.
Serve with hot French bread and sliced jalapeños as a garnish. Yes I like things spicy!
Recipe provide by our very own Vicki Osuna….