Roasting delicata squash is fast and super easy!
It produces a crispy & salty treat or side dish. If you seek out that salty, crunchy fast snack like potato chips, this is the recipe for you.
- Preheat & set oven to 425°F
- Wash it well (as you should all vegetables – use a brush to extra thorough). This is an important step because you’ll be eating the skin of the squash (yep the skin is perfectly edible). You could use a carrot peeler if you don’t care for it, but I urge you to try it.
- Cut off both ends and cut down the center length-wise.
- Scoop out the seeds, a spoon does the job fine.
- Cut into thin slices (like smiles). Thinner you slice them, faster they will cook ( I like 1/4 inch min.). Try to make them all even thickness so they cook at the same speed.
- Toss, drizzle or spray with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper ( I prefer course on both) and then roast. I roast it at 425°F until it’s nearly burnt.
- Typically at 1/4 inch and my elevation, its done in 15-20 minutes. So don’t go far or leave unintended.
Pull them out and be amazed! Plate them and make a friend smile, or sit back and nibble on this salty savory treat.
It Just Doesn’t Get Easier!